Zonda Marketing is the marketing services arm of Zonda, a leader in the residential construction industry. Known for our brand strategy and content marketing expertise, we deliver award-winning solutions for a range of clients, including major building products manufacturers. We combine analysis, data, design, technology, research, storytelling and strategy to solve complex challenges every day.
We earn trust by being proactive and bringing a forward-thinking approach to our clients. Our people and the relationships we’ve built over 40+ years are at the core of who we are. Although most of us are based in Minneapolis and Washington, D.C., we play well with others. And we believe every team member brings a unique skill set that helps us grow.
We’re hiring a Senior Designer on our Creative Services team. If you’re a leader who takes a strategic approach to crafting creative solutions for clients that produce amazing results, this role is for you.
In this remote-work position, you’ll help build a culture that’s collaborative, creative and respectful. You’ll join colleagues who work across departments and teams, sharing knowledge, capabilities and strategies to bring value to each project. When you join our team, you’ll learn about the housing industry, economics and data. Our teams are innovative, diverse and multidisciplinary — all committed to building the future of housing. We serve a range of clients — from small businesses to the Fortune 500 — predominantly in the residential construction industry. The Senior Designer position plays a critical role in our business as we work to deliver industry-leading results to our clients.
Primary Essential Duties:
1. Design. Serve as lead designer on specific account projects under the direction of a Creative Director. Manage freelance talent to help meet project deliverables as needed.
• Support the overall business by designing and developing print and digital projects that can include but are not limited to sales materials and layouts, direct marketing, tradeshow signage, web layouts, email campaigns, social posts, online marketing campaigns, PowerPoint presentations, video storyboards and photography art direction.
• Stay current and informed of emerging technology, ideas and trends.
• Collaborate with account leads and act as primary design representatives with clients for select projects.
• Serve as lead design representative for client presentations as needed.
• Support creative directors and other designers as needed.
2. Art Direction. Serve as lead or assistant art director on select projects for internal and external clients. This may include art directing video, photography and illustration.
• Collaborate with account leads and production staff on planning and pre-production of shoots, including creating mood boards, shots lists, and talent and location specifications.
• Lead on-set art direction for select photo or video shoots in collaboration with clients, crew and Zonda team members.
3. Creative collaboration. Collaborate with writers, designers, social strategists, digital developers and producers to ensure the development of world-class creative work that is on budget, on time, and strategically sound, and that meets clients’ business objectives and brand guidelines.
• Manage the quality and effectiveness of the creative product on a day-to-day basis, including implementing systems for resource allocation and creative review. Collaborate with and take direction from creative directors as needed.
• Manage the delivery of creative and strategic solutions that engender the highest levels of client satisfaction.
• Continuously enhance creative process flow to continually improve job productivity and profitability.
• Provide sales and marketing support for new business presentations, proposals and marketing needs to meet or exceed our corporate financial goals and business objectives. Serve as a member of pitch teams as needed.
• Support new business by managing proposal development and providing spec creative as needed.
Experience, Skills and Talents Required:
• 7+ years print, digital and social design experience with an agency or design firm.
• Outstanding, innovative and creative portfolio that showcases print, digital and social design.
• Demonstrated experience in art directing photography, video and illustration.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization and collaborate and work in teams.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple goals, priorities and deadlines within a fast-paced environment, moving from one focus to another quickly and effectively while utilizing creative problem-solving skills and maintaining quality standards.
• Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Word.
• Willingness to travel.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools.
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects are a bonus, but not required.
Education and Certifications Required:
• BFA, bachelors or graphic design degree, or equivalent experience.
The above job description is designed to indicate a general sense of the duties and expectations of this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required. As the nature of our business demands change, so too may the duties of this position.