Assistant Controller, Remote
Canada| Full Time
Zonda Home Canada, Inc. is redefining the future of housing. We are perfectly placed in the heart of the fast-growing real estate industry. We are making big bets on the future of real-estate, trailblazing a 2030 vision for the industry. Here at Zonda, you’ll be able to use your passion and curiosity to drive the next generation of real estate analysts, advisors, and technologists.
Zonda is looking for a passionate Assistant Controller with corporate business experience to continue the integration of accounting processes from three recent acquisitions. Zonda looks for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. When you join our team, you’ll be in a unique position to make a change with every project. You’ll use your full range of skills to build great experiences and learn about the real estate industry, economics, and data. You’ll be supported with the necessary tools, and you'll be working with an awesome and like-minded team. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative - all working to build the future of housing.
The ideal candidate will have direct management experience of a team of accounting professionals and managing all aspects of a monthly accounting cycle. This position has been created due to three recent acquisitions in Canada and we are looking for a leader who can continue to create the right processes to integrate those entities efficiently into Zonda’s accounting team.
• Coordinate and supervise month-end close process for 3 operating divisions in Canada in British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec per the corporate calendar and timelines
• Manage intercompany transactions between the Canadian and sister US entities
• Consolidate and review reporting for all Canadian entities
• Lead general accounting function, including recurring journal entries, accounts reconciliation, trailing 12-month trending and account analysis
• Manage Canadian accounting team to ensure all accounts receivable, accounts payable, account reconciliations and other daily accounting operations are performed accurately and timely
• Transition of accounting function to create an efficient and consistent process across all the Canadian business units
• Ability to review and implement process improvements as identified
• Resolve one off accounting matters that arise
• Lead analytical reviews for all areas of Canadian accounting
• Work with various levels of professionals inside and outside the organization
• Support external auditors and corporate teams
• Work with tax professionals to respond to requests for information and ensure all required tax filings in Canada are made timely and accurately
• Oversee regulatory reporting, including US and Canadian tax compliance at both the federal and provincial/state levels
• Assist with special projects and ad-hoc reports as required
• Professional Accounting Designation required (CPA)
• 5+ years of progressively senior roles in accounting
• Bilingual in English and French is an asset
• Experience with multi-currency transactions
• Canadian tax experience
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly intermediate MS Excel skills
• Previous management of accounting systems such as Quickbooks Online, Salesforce, Concur or other related programs
• Extensive knowledge of Canadian accounting and tax standards
• Experience in overseeing month general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process to support an annual audit
• Exposure to all areas of operational accounting, including Revenue, Deferred Revenue, A/P, and A/R
• Prior experience in managing subscription database revenue, annual recurring revenue and associated deferred revenue is an asset
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet strict deadlines
• Ability to mentor and motivate staff to full potential
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Team player and can collaborate with other departments in the organization
Zonda provides data-driven housing market solutions to the homebuilding industry. From builders to building product manufacturers, mortgage clients, and multifamily executives, we work hand-in-hand with our customers to streamline access to housing data to empower smarter decisions. As a leading brand in residential construction, our mission is to advance the home building industry, because we believe better homes mean better lives and stronger communities. Together, we are building the future of housing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Zonda (formerly Hanley Wood | Meyers Research) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Inclusion & Equal Opportunity Employment We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion & belonging. People seeking employment at Zonda Home Canada Inc. are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Require an Accommodation? We’re here to help
We are proud to provide interview & employment accommodation during the recruitment and hiring process. If you require any accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly to email@example.com. We are committed to work with you to best meet your needs.
Zonda Home Canada provides data-driven housing market solutions to the homebuilding industry. From builders to building product manufacturers, mortgage clients, and multifamily executives, we work hand-in-hand with our customers to streamline access to housing data to empower smarter decisions. As a leading brand in residential construction, our mission is to advance the home building industry, because we believe better homes mean better lives and stronger communities.Together, we are building the future of housing.Zonda (formerly Hanley Wood | Meyers Research) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. 04/01/2022