Title: Product Design Manager
Team: Design, Product
Location: Remote, California
Capacity: Full Time
We're looking for a passionate Product Design Manager to grow and innovate within the Zonda Data Intelligence portfolio. We are making big bets on the future of real-estate, trailblazing a 2030 vision for the industry. We have new products in the pipeline, while revamping entire experiences across our existing platforms. There are countless design and strategic challenges on our roadmap that we need your expertise to develop further. You’ll be in a unique position to make a change with every project across the Data Intelligence portfolio. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for helping shape the customer product experience, design output, teams and culture. You’ll use your full range of skills to build best in class experiences. You’ll also learn about the real estate industry, economics, and data. You’ll be working in a highly-collaborative, remote & international environment with significant face time with the executive team.
What You'll Do
- Be the trailblazer and a change agent for the industry by articulating strong ideas and vision for the future
- Become an expert in the real-estate landscape, markets, economy, data, mapping to translate to practice
- Scale product strategy and architecture, design experiences and advanced interactions
- Launch product experiences and features, drive excellent design documentation standards
- Report up, manage the roadmap, staff and resource current teams to achieve their goals
- Be a design champion and a user advocate to diplomatically facilitate execution to our values and ethics
- Build relationships across orgs to facilitate trust and make time to get buy-off from other disciplines
- Model collaboration skills, guide people in processes, expand our culture, and measure the results
- Launch company wide Lex (Lexicon) Design System & roadmap
- Experience: 5+ years as a product design manager with a mix of enterprise or consumer product portfolio. You have a startup mindset, released product 1.0, run multiple work pods and internal ops with focus on exceptional user experience. You can work across technology (web, iOS, & 3rd party tools).
- Portfolio: You can demonstrate elegant, scalable applications with businesses and technical intel over product lifetime, showcasing decision documentation, organizational tools & processes.
- Education: Preferred training in HCI, Human Factors, UX/UI, New Media, interaction and experience design, with passion for emerging tracks like voice interfaces, AI, ML , etc..
- Leadership: You inspire high performing teams to continually create and improve our product portfolio with a best-in-class workplace with a balance on inspiration and authority. Be outcome vs action driven. Recruit, develop and retain a high performing designers who excel within a diverse and inclusive environment. Radiate information, make intros and connections, model culture and creative values in the organization, be the team ambassador on projects, helpful in design crits and reviews. Understand excellence in design research, UX, visual design, content strategy, motion, front-end and else. Operationalize the design build cycle from sprint to release with excellent.
- Product Management: You are deeply familiar with product management and know how to partner through different phases. You understand how to scale customer centric cultures and needs, translate executive goals and vision into agile roadmap to allow creative decisions downstream, inspire and challenge our culture, break down epics and order feature sets, be available to collaborate and share know how, be an excellent problem solver and prioritizer amidst competing priorities. You can easily simplify complex problems, challenge and debate issues of importance to identify the best possible outcome for the customer, understand technical matters outside personal area of expertise, and synthesize for broad discussions, synthesize requirements, articulate your point of view and liberties behind your decisions, nurture a culture experimentation and bets that tie to KPIs. Foster high quality environment, ship contagious top of the line products and internal tools.
- Organizational Development: Fluent in understanding all the product disciplines while building cross functional relationships with product, engineering sales, support, marketing, legal and other teams. Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization to keep them engaged in making key decisions and apprised of progress. You are a natural connector that opens doors for people across the org, radiates information, makes intros and connections, models culture and creative values in the organization.
- Design Community: Life-long learner following industry leaders and sharing best practices along the way.
- Teaming: Detail oriented, organized, clear communicator, self-starter, participatory, flexible, open-minded optimistic, generative, visionary and open new ideas and ways of working and hungry to innovate.
- Project Management: Practices ops & project management excellence in regard to meetings, next steps and reporting. Deeply educated on agile and continuous delivery. Executes meticulously in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity. Knows how to break up scope, size tickets, create language for routing work.
- Tools: Awesome in Figma, Zeroheight, Box & always exploring other new tools.
- Travel: Ability to travel, events and workshop with leadership and cross functional teams.
- Top-of-the-line salary
- Peace of mind corporate benefit package
- Time off: vacation, extra holidays, short days
- Education stipend
- Team off-sites & team summits
- New tools and hardware
Our talented crew comes from all walks of life, cultures and experiences. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at Zonda Home. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required. Candidates must submit a proper portfolio in order to be considered for the position.