Senior UI/UX Designer
Remote | Full Time
Zonda is redefining the future of housing. We are perfectly placed in the heart of the fast-growing real estate industry. We are making big bets on the future of real-estate, trailblazing a 2030 vision for the industry. Here at Zonda, you’ll be able to use your passion and curiosity to drive the future of the new home buying experience.
We're looking for a passionate Senior UI/UX Designer to evolve and extend our brand, develop innovative UI and UX. Zonda looks for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. When you join our team, you’ll be in a unique position to make a change with every project. You’ll use your full range of skills to build great experiences and learn about the real estate industry, home shopping and unique data.
You'll join other designers that are apart of our B2C web brands product teams working to expand the recent rebrand, develop innovative features and create general awesomeness through UI & UX. Together our designers maintain our design system Lexicon (Lex), introduce the latest best practices, and tackle new domains. There are countless strategic challenges that we are excited to solve with you in our portfolio. You’ll be in a unique position to make a change with every project.
- Be the trailblazer and a change agent for the industry by articulating strong ideas and vision for the future
- Scale brand strategy, design experiences and advanced interactions across our platforms
- Ship new work, caliber quick fixes, optimize all of the platforms for a seamless and low-friction experience
- Run cross-functional team design engagements for internal and external product
- Architect design systems with diligent decision documentation to simplify decision making
- Be a design champion and a user advocate to diplomatically facilitate execution to our values and ethics
- Work independently, maintain speed and throughput, support your teammates and scout feedback
- Build relationships across orgs to facilitate trust and make time to get buy-off from other disciplines
- Grow and evolve with the organization
- As a remote team, willingness to travel and meet-up for facetime for internal and external meetings on occasion
- Design digital experiences for web and mobile apps
- You are an upbeat advocate for the customer and know how to encourage others to care deeply about customers too
- 5-7 years as a product designer, user experience designer, or similar role
- Documentation of beautiful consumer or business applications cross-platform with respect to understanding complex UR/UX/UI/CT systems, scale, demonstrating business and technical intel.
- Undergrad or grad training in HCI, Human Factors, UX/UI, New Media, interaction and experience design, with passion for emerging technologies.
- Experience interviewing internal and external stakeholders, learning new industries and domains, inspiration sourcing, running workshops & exercises, clear findings and socializing learnings across the company with the focus on customer needs.
- Distill complicated problems into solutions, understanding and communicating the technical limitations, articulating the design POV behind your decisions, facilitating mappings, audits and study of multiple paths to pursue creative problems that tie to KPIs.
- Portfolio work demonstrating work with user experience wireframe flows with attention to micro-interactions, prototyping, spec-ing and testing.
- Be immersed in the process throughout the build cycle from sprint to release through phases of research, conception, execution to hand-off of assets and requirements, supporting excellence all the way through QA to go live.
- Life-long learner following industry leaders and sharing best practices along the way.
- Detail oriented, organized, clear communicator, self-starter, participatory, flexible, open-minded optimistic, and open to new ideas and ways of working, hungry to innovate.
- adiate information, make intros and connections, model culture and creative values in the organization, be the team ambassador on projects, helpful in design crits and reviews.
- Awesome in Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Invision, tinkerer & always exploring