Benefits and Payroll Coordinator | HR Team
Remote | Full Time
Zonda HR is searching for a Benefits/Payroll Coordinator to join our HR team. This role will report to Payroll/Benefits manager and will be responsible for day-to-day administrative duties within the Payroll and Benefits team. We are a distributed workforce, so team members can be based anywhere in the U.S.
The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator is a key member of the team and collaborates regularly with employees, other benefit team members, vendors, Brokers, Payroll, Accounting, and other HR teams. This role provides support for daily administration of benefits.
Where you come in:
- Responsible for oversight and management of related employee pay data and records within payroll system of record
- Responsible for HR system implementation including researching vendors, building business cases and partnering with vendors
- Assist with timely and accurate processing of multi-state payroll (including manual checks) for over 500 employees
- Assist with tracking and deducting all garnishment and other payroll deductions.
- Assist with procedural implementation of wage and hour laws, as well as company policies as they relate to payroll related matters
- System administrator for HRIS system
- Assist with coordination of 401k audits
- Responsible for human resources, payroll and benefit reporting for quarterly metrics
- Responsible for accurately maintaining Payroll file and records in a timely manner
- Work with the manager to assist with being complaint with federal state and local taxation and regulatory filings (such as Nevada MBT Washington Labor and Industry, etc.)
- Review benefit invoices and validate accuracy.
- Coordinate with the finance team and prepare reports to ensure proper recording and coding of all payroll related expenses (salary, bonus, 401k, benefits, commissions, vacation accruals, etc.)
- Assists in developing, documenting, implementing and enforcing processes, policies and controls around all elements of the HR and payroll administration process.
- Assists with employee meetings and training sessions for employee benefits and communicating any new polices and/or procedure changes
- Coordinates on-boarding of new hires
- Maintains the employee handbook with pertinent information.
- Assist with research and resolve ADP HRIS integration file errors
- Perform regular payroll audits related to HSA, FSA, DCFSA, 401K elections, reimbursement programs and other benefits as needed.
- Audit and process Evidence of Insurability (EOI) status in ADP HRIS
- Process and resolve carrier eligibility exception and integration file errors
- Process Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMSCO) transactions in alignment with internal company, federal, state, and local guidelines
- Assist with annual Open Enrollment process and system testing
- Audit Open Enrollment data
- Assist with Annual ACA 1095-C process
- Assist with non-US benefits related tasks as needed
- Other special projects and duties based on business needs
The ideal candidate for this role brings the following knowledge and capabilities:
- Benefits administration experience with knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulatory laws
- Multi-state Payroll processing/assisting experience
- Experience with ADP HRIS is highly preferred
- Ability to problem solve complex payroll tax issues
- A great team player - maintains optimism and positivity through tough challenges, and works to create great team chemistry and professionalism
- Must be a problem solver, willing and able to see a problem, identify opportunities and bring forward suggestions for resolution
- Ability to effectively work with and across all levels of the business
- You have enthusiasm in a fast-paced, demanding environment while managing sensitive, confidential issues